The following terms and conditions apply to all services offered by MacGraphic.
By accepting a quote from us, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions
- It is the responsibility of the customer, to ensure any website or design is lawful and does not infringe on any copyright or other laws.
- Where the client provides content, they are responsible for ensuring it is lawful and does not infringe on any copyright.
- All website text content is to be supplied by the client. If required we can advise about the content, for which there may be a charge for this depending on the work required.
- We can appoint a content writer to work with a client, however ultimate responsibility for content of sites remain with the client.
- I can upon request, source stock images for use in a clients web site or printed material. Costs for this will be agreed at time of request.
- I reserve the right to refuse to work on a website due to its content. This includes sites that contain adult material, hatred or discrimination towards people from a specific religion, ethnic group, or sexual orientation (this list is not exhaustive).
- A deposit of a minimum of 50% of the total agreed price must be provided, before any work will commence.
- Once work has commenced on a project, no refunds will be issued for any monies paid up to that point. If, however we (MacGraphic) decide that we can no longer work on a project, and it is us that choose to stop a project. Any amounts for un-completed work will be refunded to the client.
- A date of completion can be supplied on acceptance of a contract, however it cannot be guaranteed, however we will endeavour to meet any agreed deadlines as best we can.
- Graphics, designs and mock layouts may be sent as low resolution images with a watermark via email for approval.
- The completed web site will be placed on a temporary server for appraisal by the client. Upon acceptance, an invoice for the final amount will be issued.
- The completed web site will be uploaded to the specified hosting server once appraisal has taken place, and all balances due have been paid.
- The copyright for any material provided by MacGraphic such as code, graphics, text, will remain property of MacGraphic until final payment has cleared, when it shall be transferred to the client.
- The copyright for any material provided by the client remains the property of the client.
- Whilst every effort is made to make websites viewable on the most popular browsers available, responsibility cannot be accepted for sites that do not display correctly on browsers released after completion.
- The client is ultimately responsible for checking the correctness of a site, before it is made publicly viewable.
- Once a client agrees that a site can be made publicly available, they are agreeing that the design/development of the site has met with their requirements.
- You have the right to cancel your order at any time. In the event of a cancellation, you will be invoiced for the work already carried out based on the hourly rate. Where no work has taken place, no charge will be made.
- Agreeing to these terms and conditions will not affect your statutory rights.
- Late payments will be charged interest at a rate of 8% per calendar month, commencing from the due date.
- The final payment must be made within 28 days of completion. This can be in the form of BACS, PayPal or online card payment. Sorry we can no-longer accept cash or cheque. Please contact us for details required for BACS payments.
- Any payment returned by the bank, will incur a £50 administration charge. This will be added to the total outstanding amount owed by the client.
Domain registration, hosting and support
- Hosting is required as part of the web design package, however if you choose to provide your own, confirmation must be made at time of order.
- It is preferred that clients register their own domain name, however can assist and advise as required to achieve this.
- Where possible, we will always try to ensure that ownership of any domain name is assigned to the client. This is in the clients best interest.
- Domain names registered on behalf of a client will remain under ownership of MacGraphic until full payment has been received, at that point the ownership will be transferred to the client, providing the domain registrar allows it.
- Quoted prices for hosting generally remain the same, but are dependent on the hosting costs, and are subject to change, if this happens we will give 1 months notice.
- Sites that are submitted to search engines cannot be guaranteed high search engine rankings.
- Domain name renewal is annual. Invoices for renewal are issued at least 1 month before expiration date, though usual payment terms apply. Failure to pay on time may result in you losing your claim to a domain name.
- Clients wishing to cancel hosting/domain registration must confirm 1 month before renewal date, otherwise full annual payment will be required.
- No partial refunds will be given for hosting/domain registration, cancelled during the current annual agreement.
- You will be provided with back up files of your site, however no responsibility will be accepted for any changes you may make. Any errors that require fixing will be charged at the current hourly rate.
- While we endeavour to ensure that all our servers are available 24hours a day, 365 days a year, we cannot be held accountable for small disruptions due to incidents which are beyond our control.